Tuesday, August 19, 2008

New Acquisitions

I splurged a bit this past weekend and got me some robots.  

A San Diego Comic Con EXCLUSIVE: Transformers Universe Nemesis Prime.  Even the name is sinister.  I picked this up from someone who actually went to the convention.  Gotta love craigslist.

Love the box art.  Enjoy the view because this one is staying inside.

I usually don't like repaints, but Nemesis Prime is definitely an exception.

Soon after meeting up with a complete stranger to get my robot fix, I decided to see if the nearby Target had any interesting subjects to consider.  Behold in his mispainted glory, Transformers Universe Powerglide. 

I don't know why they went with white for this figure.  His genertion one version was red with white accents, not the other way around.  Nevertheless, Hasbro stuck with the old school bomber look and even kept the basics of his transformation true to his G1 ancestor.

And just for comparison, here is G1 Powerglide.  I think the modern version is a bit of an upgrade.


I also picked up Transformers Animated Soundwave because I love Soundwave in all his forms except the Titanium series.  Also, he rocks a red Flying V that transforms into Laserbeak.  Truly the epitome of the Rock and Robots mindset.

It was a good weekend.

1 comment:

Bubbashelby said...

Although an awesome figure, I will pass on Powerglide until they release a red version.